Why do I have to sign a contract for a photo session? That is a good question. There are multiple reasons, and I am going to answer them in this blog post.
- It gives you a good idea of what to expect with your photo shoot. Contracts list the price of the session, and what to expect with your session. It will probably answer some of your questions you have about your photo shoot, including what happens if you need to reschedule or your photographer gets sick.
2. It is protection for you. In a contract, there’s assurance that your photographer is going to show up, what your session will include, etc. It helps keep you as the client, safe. Most photographers are honest (all of the ones I know anyway:), but there are some people out there that would love to cheat you out of your money. A contract keeps you safe from that!
3. It keeps me as the photographer accountable. I firmly believe that every client is special and deserves to have the same client experience. The contract reminds me of the things that I have promised to give to my clients.
4. It is protection for me as the photographer. I know most people can be trusted, but then there are the few that can’t. For that reason, a contract is a must for a photographer.
5. It is professional. I want every part of my client experience to be professional and legal. A contract helps to keep it that way.
I hope this was helpful in clearing up any questions about why you have to sign a contract!
Want to see what my photo sessions look like? Check one out here!